/Celebrity chef files lawsuit against Antonio Brown over unpaid $38,000 bill

Celebrity chef files lawsuit against Antonio Brown over unpaid $38,000 bill

CLOSE

SportsPulse: USA TODAY Sports’ Lorenzo Reyes discusses how the NFL’s new helmet rules are benefitting the players’ safety.
Max Schreiber, USA TODAY

Another day, another different Antonio Brown story line to follow. 

Celebrity chef Stefano Tedeschi filed a lawsuit against Brown on July 29 in Osceola (Florida) County court for a breach of contract. The chef alleges the Oakland Raiders wide receiver did not pay him for a weekend’s worth of work that totaled $38,521.20, according to court documents. 

Tedeschi, who goes by “The Sports Chef,” told ESPN on Wednesday that Brown hired him to prepare three meals a day for multiple guests at the Orlando-area mansion he rented for the 2018 Pro Bowl. 

The lawsuit alleges Tedeschi began cooking for Brown on Jan. 26, with breakfast and lunch for 15 guests and a dinner that night for “approximately 43 people.” Breakfast and lunch were prepared the following day, but Tedeschi’s suit says Brown demanded he and his staff leave the house without allowing him to serve the lunch or retrieve his equipment. 

WHAT ABOUT KAEPERNICK?: Jay-Z’s NFL partnership leaves question

TRYING TO AVOID BUST LABEL: 10 NFL players who need to step up

Because he did not have his equipment, Tedeschi alleges he “could have mitigated his damages by cooking at another event during the busy Pro Bowl Weekend but was prevented from doing so.” 

Tedeschi sent Brown an invoice Jan. 28 for the full amount, none of which has been paid. He told ESPN that Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees are among NFL players he’s cooked for previously. 

“I’ve cooked for countless NFL superstars and celebrities,” Tedeschi told ESPN. “Never once have I had one problem (until this). My food is so good, and my mannerisms in someone’s home is second to none.”

Brown’s lawyer, Darren Heitner, said in an emailed statement to USA TODAY Sports, “We expect to be filing a motion to dismiss the complaint and will let the filing speak for itself.”

Brown settled a lawsuit in April for “intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault” toward a 2-year-old boy in Florida after he threw items off his balcony.

Entering his first season with the Raiders following his trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers, Brown has missed time during training camp with a foot injury and found himself in the middle of a helmet controversy this past week.

Autoplay

Show Thumbnails

Show Captions

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *